This online course includes:
- Lecture videos on-demand
- Downloadable resources
- Certificate of completion
- Alumni Facebook group
Back to normal or future forward?
Hydroponics is a method of soil-less cultivation of crops that uses mainly water and plant nutrients. Learn how you can be part of the agriculture revolution. Grow your own food, make your body and wallet healthy!
In this course, you will learn about the following:
- History and Concept of Hydroponics
- Opportunities in Hydroponics
- Difference between Aquaponics and Hydroponics
- Parts of a Hydroponic System
- Plant Growth and Nutrition
- Nutrients Solutions and its Components
- Environmental Measurement & Metrics (Light, Humidity, pH, etc.)
- Troubleshooting Nutrient Deficiencies
- Hydroponics Nursery Management
- Kinds of Hydroponic Setup
- Crop Protection
- Introduction to Aquaponics
- Setting-up your own System
Who this course is for?
- People who want to grow their own healthy food — with little to no experience of urban farming (not recommended for experienced growers - although you might find some nuggets of wisdom here!)
- Former Overseas workers looking for investment opportunities in a fast-growing market in the Philippines
- Budding entrepreneurs who want to start a business in food and farming
About the Instructor
Kevin Tagani is a multi-awarded agriculturist and entrepreneur. He is the Founder, Chief Agriculturist and CEO of Tagani Philippines — an agritech startup focusing on agricultural training and crowdfunding. He is currently writing his book Agri-Negosyo: From Seeds to Profit.
He is a GoNegosyo Mentor and Deparment of Agriculture - Mimaropa consultant for agribusiness marketing. Kevin is also a licensed financial advisor affiliated with Sun Life Philippines. He also previously worked as a Community Engagement Strategist at the news website Rappler.
Kevin earned his Bachelor's degree in Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship from UP Los Baños. He also did his post-graduate academic fellowship in Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development at the prestigious Brown University's Swearer Center, awarded by the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) program of the US Department of State.
He also attended executive programs in social innovation at the UN University for Peace in Costa Rica. Kevin is a member of the Ivy Entrepreneurs — an entrepreneurship organization for the eight Ivy League universities' alumni.
In 2019, he was named a Future Shapers Professional Fellow at the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde's Peter D. Garrucho Innovation Institute (HiFi) and the 2019 Youth Champion for Zero Hunger by The 2030 Project. In the same year, he joined as the Social Media Head of YSEALI Philippines' Alumni Council.
On a normal day, he enjoys a nice cup of iced coffee while reading a book. He likes hydroponics, gardening, and baking pastries.
Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I ask questions if the course is pre-recorded?
Our Tagani platform has a comment section in each module and lesson. From there, you will have the chance to ask questions and the instructor likewise will answer them accordingly as your questions arise.
How do I enroll?
You may enroll by clicking the enroll button above then you will directed to the checkout page for payment. After successfully validating your payment, you will now have access to the classes directly through the Tagani portal. If you have problems accessing the portal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your payment options?
Enrolling and paying for online webinars and workshops has never been this easy! Tagani partnered with payment partners so you can learn and de-stress with us, without the hassle, through our payment channels:
- For bank transfers, digital wallets, over-the-counter, and cash payments: use DragonPay as option
- For internationally-issued credit cards, debit cards, and wire transfers: use PayPal Express
- For locally-issued credit cards and debit cards: use PayMongo as option
- For GCash digital wallet payment: use GCash via PayMongo as option
Should you opt other payment options such as GCash Scan to Pay QR or email invoicing: send us an email to email@example.com so we can accommodate your request. I cannot pay for the course costs.
GCash and Debit/Credit Cards
- Asia United Bank (AUB)
- Banco de Oro (BDO)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- EastWest Bank
- Philippine National Bank (PNB)
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corp (RCBC)
- Robinsons Bank
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB)
- Bayad Center
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- M Lhuillier
- Palawan Pawnshop
- Robinsons Department Stores
- RD Pawnshop
- SM Payment Counters
Your payment information is processed securely by our third-party payment partners PayMongo, DragonPay, and PayPal. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.